Wednesday, March 25, 2020
The Word - The Next Big Thing EP
THE WORD
The Next Big Thing EP
1984 Abstract Sounds
Notes :
Early 80's UK indie band from Bradford. Band members were Jock Cotton, Jonathan MacDonald Binns and Paul Bahr.
They released three singles: Colour It 7'' (1983), The Next Big Thing 12'' (1984) and Schoolboy Saint 7'' (1985).
After The Word, Jack Cotton and Jonathan MacDonald formed great early 90's baggy pop band Poppy Factory. I'm sure most of you heard about Poppy Factory through my blog. I've posted all their singles and i'm still looking for their unreleased album ''Good Times''.
01. Wide Awake
02. Shining Things
03. Immaculate
04. Different
link in comments
Labels:
1984,
abstract sounds,
poppy factory,
the word
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
https://www104.zippyshare.com/v/qIAcQfL4/file.html
this upload is not there - not found
link seems to be working now, thanks
If first link don't work, i've re-uploaded again, here is second link :
https://www6.zippyshare.com/v/LfaIRsB9/file.html
oh, Ricky, this was released in 1984? I thought you upload recordings which were released only since 1986!
Poppy Factory's album doesn't exist. I asked a member of that band last year.
I never said that i will post records from this or that year. If any record is good, it deserves to find place on my blog.
And this band is connected to Poppy Factory, one of my favourite bands from madchester era. Their next single "Schoolboy Saint" is even better, if i find copy, that will be great.
I'm pretty sure that Poppy Factory album exists, it's just matter of time when will show up.
Post a Comment